Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sad News For The Story of My Life

From Richard Ouzounian's piece in today's Star -

"The Story of My Life
, the musical written by Torontonians Neil Bartram and Brian Hill, closed on Broadway on Sunday afternoon after only five performances.

The two-character story about the lifelong friendship between two men was first produced by the Canadian Stage Company in 2006.

Virtually all of the New York reviews of the show, which opened on Thursday night, were extremely negative, with words like 'flavourless,' 'shopworn' and 'sentimental' being used by critics from the major Manhattan dailies. It's expected to lose all of its $5 million budget."

So sad.

Richard also got around to reviewing Janna Polzin as Maria in The Sound of Music. As I have mentioned on the blog I have heard nothing but positive things about her performances and I was actually a bit disappointed to see Elicia, although she was wonderful. I am glad to see that Janna is finally getting some much deserved publicity.

No comments: