Monday, March 2, 2009

The reviews of the revival of Guys and Dolls is in ...


Guys and Dolls, one of everybodies all-time favourites has been revived for Broadway at the Nederlander Theatre. And according to Ben Brantley, who I almost always agree with, it sucks. This is bad news for me, because I never got to see the Nathan Lane, Faith Prince revival of the early 90's, which was revered, and I had been hoping I'd get to see this one. But now I am not sure it's worth the $90 + a ticket. Click the link to read the full review. Even the Globe and Mail's J. Kelly Nestruck reviewed G and D, he also thought it lacked chemistry and heart. Click here to read his review. Richard Ouzounian's review for The Star is here.

And yes, that is Lauren Graham, of TV's Gilmore Girls as Adelaide. Image courtesy of the New York Times.

No comments: