Friday, April 3, 2009

Our Friends at New York Theatre Barn Are At it Again

Joe Barros is one of the most amazing producers that EAP knows. He's the artistic brain behind NYTB in New York. When I was last in town he filled me on a few of his upcoming projects. One of which is playing this Monday, April 6, at the Julia Miles Theater. Hey You Know What Movie Would Make a Good Musical? I am sure you can imagine, but it is about a pair of playwrights who can't get any original work published, so they begin writing musical versions of popular movies. Talk about art imitating life, imitating art, you get the picture. The musical is a campy combination of Jerry Maguire, Scream and Twister. I also want to shout out Jason Michael Snow, who wrote the music. He is also featured in the clip below from Hey You Know... I was fortunate to get to work with him in Wood at the Manhattan Theatre Club last summer. I knew he was a super talented singer and genuine actor but I had no idea he could write such great music. Check out Twister below, from Hey You Know What Movie Would Make a Good Musical?



And also from Twister in Hey You Know...



Celina Carvajal and Kate Weatherhead, who play Jo and Melissa respectively, KILL IT in, "Blow Her Away." Kate was also in Wood, and I don't Celina personally but she was a member of the Young Peoples' Teen Musical Theatre Company in San Francisco, along with Joe and I.
click here to learn more about NYTB and the show

No comments: