Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Preview: Deuce


I couldn't be more excited about what I'm going to blog about right now...

My very dear friend Diana Bentley has written a one act play, Deuce, and the World Premiere of it is happening this week in the city!!! I am so very proud of her and I urge you to check it out. She has an incredibly talented woman working with her as well, Brooke Morgan, one of Toronto's finest young actresses I would say.

Furthermore, the poster(see above) could very well be one of my favourite theatre posters I have ever laid eyes on, pure artistic brilliance. Thank you Erika Brodzky.

Here is all the information:

DEUCE

A one act play. A comedy. It's about women. They play tennis. They hit balls. They talk about hitting balls. They think about hitting balls. Needless to say...there will be balls.

A collaboration by Diana Bentley and Brooke Morgan
Written by Diana Bentley

In conjunction with Vitus Production and 3 dimes down Theatre Company's BIRDBATH by Leonard Melfi

Only FOUR opportunities to see this edgy, dark comedy
Tickets $20
To reserve seats please call 647-344-1483 or email birdbathplay@gmail.com

Thursday, May 19 - 8pm
Saturday, May 21 - 8pm
Wednesday, May 25 - 8pm
Friday, May 27 - 8pm

Scotiabank Studio Theatre
Pia Bouman School
6 Noble Street

No comments: